- Module 2 Overview
Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- 0%Lesson 1
Initial Evaluation of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis CActivities
- 1A.Core Concepts
- 1B.Initial Evaluation of Patients with Chronic HCV
- 1C.Calculating Body Mass Index (BMI)
- 1D.Determining AUDIT-C Score
- Lesson 1 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 2
Natural History of Hepatitis C InfectionActivities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Natural History of Hepatitis C Infection
- 2C.What is the IL28B gene?
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis CActivities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
- 3C.National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Evaluation and Staging of Liver FibrosisActivities
- 0%Lesson 5
Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with CirrhosisActivities
- 5A.Core Concepts
- 5B.Calculating CTP
- 5C.Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with Cirrhosis
- Lesson 5 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 6
Surveillance for Hepatocellular CarcinomaActivities
- 6A.Core Concepts
- 6B.Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- 6C.Liver Nodule found on HCC Surveillance
- Lesson 6 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 7
Extrahepatic Conditions Related to Hepatitis C
- Module 2 Self-Assessment
Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C Overview
Authors, Editors and ReviewersEditors:Rena K. Fox, MD,Rena K. Fox, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine
University of California at San FranciscoDisclosures: NoneDavid H. Spach, MDDavid H. Spach, MD
Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
University of WashingtonDisclosures: None
Intended Audience and Content Covered: Clinicians who play a substantial role in the long-term management of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including Primary Care Physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Infectious Diseases Specialists, Gastroenterologists, and Hepatologists. This module emphasizes the initial evaluation of a patient diagnosed with hepatitis C virus infection, understanding the natural history of hepatitis C, assessment for the degree of liver fibrosis, counseling patients on how to prevent further insults to their liver, evaluation of patients with cirrhosis, surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma, and recognition of HCV-related extrahepatic manifestations.Objectives:
- Perform an appropriate initial evaluation of patients with chronic hepatitis C infection.
- Summarize the natural history of persons with hepatitis C infection.
- Provide appropriate counseling to patients for preventing further liver insults.
- Evaluate patients for the extent of hepatitis C-related liver fibrosis.
- Distinguish compensated from decompensated cirrhosis.
- Conduct hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance when indicated.
- Recognize and diagnose hepatitis C-related extrahepatic manifestations.
Continuing Education NoticesThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and The Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (PTC) at the University of Washington. The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ per lesson. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
1.0 contact hour will be awarded for each lesson. Completion of all activities within a lesson, the lesson quiz and evaluation are required.
Module 2 Self-Assessment
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #07218, for 1 contact hour per lesson.
- Activity 1A.Core Concepts
- Activity 1B.Initial Evaluation of Patients with Chronic HCV
- Activity 1C.Calculating Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Activity 1D.Determining AUDIT-C Score
- Activity 4A.Core Concepts
- Activity 4B.Evaluation and Staging of Liver Fibrosis
- Activity 4C.Calculating APRI
- Activity 5A.Core Concepts
- Activity 5B.Calculating CTP
- Activity 5C.Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with Cirrhosis
- Activity 6A.Core Concepts
- Activity 6B.Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Share by e-mailThe Check-on-Learning Questions are short and topic related. They are meant to help you stay on track throughout each lesson and check your undestanding of key concepts.
You must be signed in to customize your interaction with these questions.
Copyright © 2017 Hepatitis C Online - AWSHepatitis C Online
- HCV Medications
- Daclatasvir (Daklinza)
- Elbasvir-Grazoprevir (Zepatier)
- Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir (Harvoni)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir (Technivie)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir and Dasabuvir (Viekira Pak)
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (Pegasys)
- Peginterferon alfa-2b (PegIntron)
- Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol, Ribasphere)
- Simeprevir (Olysio)
- Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi)
- Sofosbuvir-Velpatasvir (Epclusa)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
- Course Modules
- Screening and Diagnosis of Hepatitis C Infection
- Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- Treatment of Special Populations and Special Situations
- Special Topics
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.Current Version: 2.3.0a