Module 2. Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Module 2 Overview
- 0%Lesson 1
Initial Evaluation of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis CActivities
- 1A.Core Concepts
- 1B.Initial Evaluation of Patients with Chronic HCV
- 1C.Calculating Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Lesson 1 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 2
Natural History of Hepatitis C InfectionActivities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Natural History of Hepatitis C Infection
- 2C.What is the IL28B gene?
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis CActivities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
- 3C.National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Evaluation and Staging of Liver FibrosisActivities
- 4A.Core Concepts
- 4B.Evaluation and Staging of Liver Fibrosis
- 4C.Calculating APRI
- Lesson 4 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 5
Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with CirrhosisActivities
- 5A.Core Concepts
- 5B.Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with Cirrhosis
- 5C.Calculating CTP
- Lesson 5 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 6
Surveillance for Hepatocellular CarcinomaActivities
- 6A.Core Concepts
- 6B.Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- 6C.Liver Nodule found on HCC Surveillance
- Lesson 6 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 7
Extrahepatic Conditions Related to Hepatitis CActivities
- Module 2 Self Assessment
Module 2 Overview
Editors:Rena K. Fox, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine
University of California at San FranciscoDisclosuresDavid H. Spach, MD
Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
University of WashingtonDisclosures
ObjectivesIntended Audience and Content Covered: Clinicians who play a substantial role in the long-term management of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including Primary Care Physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Infectious Diseases Specialists, Gastroenterologists, and Hepatologists. This module emphasizes the initial evaluation of a patient diagnosed with hepatitis C virus infection, understanding the natural history of hepatitis C, assessment for the degree of liver fibrosis, counseling patients on how to prevent further insults to their liver, evaluation of patients with cirrhosis, surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma, and recognition of HCV-related extrahepatic manifestations.
(1) Perform an appropriate initial evaluation of patients with chronic hepatitis C infection.
(2) Summarize the natural history of persons with hepatitis C infection.
(3) Provide appropriate counseling to patients for preventing further liver insults.
(4) Evaluate patients for the extent of hepatitis C-related liver fibrosis.
(5) Distinguish compensated from decompensated cirrhosis.
(6) Conduct hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance when indicated.
(7) Recognize and diagnose hepatitis C-related extrahepatic manifestations.This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and The Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (PTC) at the University of Washington. The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ per lesson. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
1.0 contact hour will be awarded for each lesson. Completion of all activities within a lesson, the lesson quiz and evaluation are required.
Module 2 Self Assessment
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #07218, for 1 contact hour per lesson.
Lesson PlanLesson 1. Initial Evaluation of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis C
Lesson 2. Natural History of Hepatitis C InfectionLesson 3. Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
- Activity 1A. Core Concepts
- Activity 1B. Initial Evaluation of Patients with Chronic HCV
- Activity 1C. Calculating Body Mass Index (BMI)
Lesson 4. Evaluation and Staging of Liver FibrosisLesson 5. Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with Cirrhosis
- Activity 3A. Core Concepts
- Activity 3B. Counseling Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
- Activity 3C. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Lesson 6. Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Activity 5A. Core Concepts
- Activity 5B. Evaluation and Prognosis of Patients with Cirrhosis
- Activity 5C. Calculating CTP
Lesson 7. Extrahepatic Conditions Related to Hepatitis C
- Activity 6A. Core Concepts
- Activity 6B. Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Activity 6C. Liver Nodule found on HCC Surveillance
- Activity 7A. Core Concepts
- Activity 7B. Extrahepatic Conditions Related to Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Activity 7C. Hepatitis C and Mixed Cryoglobulinemia
Copyright © 2014 Hepatitis C OnlineHepatitis C Online
- HIV Medications
- Course Modules
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.Current Version: 1.6.1