- Module 1 Overview
- 0%Lesson 1
HCV Epidemiology in the United StatesActivities
- 1A.Core Concepts
- 1B.HCV Incidence & Prevalence in the U.S.
- 1C.CDC: Viral Hepatitis Statistics & Surveillance
- Lesson 1 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 2
Recommendations for Hepatitis C ScreeningActivities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Hepatitis C Testing Recommendations
- 2C.CDC: MMWR Hepatitis C Birth Cohort Publication
- 2D.CDC: Know More Hepatitis
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Hepatitis C Diagnostic TestingActivities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.Hepatitis C Diagnostic Testing
- 3C.CDC HCV Testing Sequence for Current Infection
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Counseling for Prevention of HCV Acquisition and TransmissionActivities
- 4A.Core Concepts
- 4B.Counseling for the Prevention of Transmission of Hepatitis C
- 4C.CDC: Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Hepatitis C Virus
- 4D.HCV Transmission FAQs
- Lesson 4 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 5
Diagnosis of Acute HCV Infection
- Module 1 Self Assessment
Module 1 Overview
Authors, Editors and Reviewers
Editor:David H. Spach, MD
Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
University of WashingtonDisclosures
Intended Audience and Content Covered: Any clinician who may encounter persons with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection who would like to establish core competence in screening, testing, and counseling patients regarding their initial testing results. Medical providers intended for this module include Primary care physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Hospitalists, Infectious Diseases Specialists, Gastroenterologists, and Hepatologists.Objectives:
(1) List key features of the hepatitis C epidemic in the United States.
(2) Establish competence in screening and diagnosing of persons with hepatitis C infection.
(3) Summarize the hepatitis C testing sequence for identifying current infection.
(4) Provide basic counseling for prevention of transmission of hepatitis C infection.
(5) Recognize and diagnose persons with acute hepatitis C infection.
Continuing Education NoticesThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and The Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (PTC) at the University of Washington. The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ per lesson. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
1.0 contact hour will be awarded for each lesson. Completion of all activities within a lesson, the lesson quiz and evaluation are required.
Module 1 Self Assessment
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #07218, for 1 contact hour per lesson.
- HCV Medications
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Daclatasvir (Daklinza)
- Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir (Harvoni)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir (Technivie)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir and Dasabuvir (Viekira Pak)
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (Pegasys)
- Peginterferon alfa-2b (PegIntron)
- Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol, Ribasphere)
- Simeprevir (Olysio)
- Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi)
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
- Course Modules
- Screening and Diagnosis of Hepatitis C Infection
- Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- Treatment of Special Populations and Special Situations
- Special Topics
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.