- Module 5 Overview
Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- 0%Lesson 1
Treatment of HCV Genotype 1Activities
- 1A.Core Concepts
- 1B.AASLD/IDSA Hepatitis C Guidance
- 1C.Initial Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 1
- 1D.Treatment of HCV Genotype 1 after Initial Treatment Failure
- 1E.Choices for Initial Treatment of Patients with Genotype 1a Chronic HCV
- Lesson 1 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 2
Treatment of HCV Genotype 2Activities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 2
- 2C.EASL 2015 HCV Treatment Recommendations
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Treatment of HCV Genotype 3Activities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.VA Treatment Considerations
- 3C.Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 3
- 3D.Choices for Initial Treatment of Patients with HCV Genotype 3
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Treatment of HCV Genotype 4Activities
- 4A.Core Concepts
- 4B.Hepatitis C Clinical Trials
- 4C.Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 4
- Lesson 4 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 5
Treatment of HCV Genotype 5 or 6
Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection Overview
Authors, Editors and Reviewers
ObjectivesIntended Audience: This module is intended for clinicians who treat hepatitis C virus infection, including clinicians treating with assistance or co-management with an expert and those independently treating hepatitis C infection. This module will include review of all FDA-approved agents used to treat hepatitis C, including newer FDA-approved direct acting agents. The content will address the virologic responses to therapy, recommended therapy for treatment-naïve and treatment experienced patients, and monitoring and management of treatment-related adverse effects. Medical providers intended for this module include Primary Care Physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants who have a special interest and focus in the treatment of hepatitis C, and physicians with advanced training in Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, or Hepatology.
- Summarize recommended treatments for chronic hepatitis C genotypes 1-6.
- Understand prferred and alternative treatment options for patients with chronic hepatitis C, and
- Discuss different approaches for treatment-naïve and treatment-experienced patients with chronic hepatitis C.
Continuing Education NoticesThis activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and The Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (PTC) at the University of Washington. The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this online enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ per lesson. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
1.0 contact hour will be awarded for each lesson. Completion of all activities within a lesson, the lesson quiz and evaluation are required.
Module 5 Self-Assessment
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #07218, for 1 contact hour per lesson.
- Activity 1A.Core Concepts
- Activity 1C.Initial Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 1
- Activity 1D.Treatment of HCV Genotype 1 after Initial Treatment Failure
- Activity 1E.Choices for Initial Treatment of Patients with Genotype 1a Chronic HCV
- Activity 3A.Core Concepts
- Activity 3C.Treatment of Chronic HCV Genotype 3
- Activity 3D.Choices for Initial Treatment of Patients with HCV Genotype 3
Share by e-mailThe Check-on-Learning Questions are short and topic related. They are meant to help you stay on track throughout each lesson and check your undestanding of key concepts.
You must be signed in to customize your interaction with these questions.
- HCV Medications
- Daclatasvir (Daklinza)
- Elbasvir-Grazoprevir (Zepatier)
- Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir (Harvoni)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir (Technivie)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir and Dasabuvir (Viekira Pak)
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (Pegasys)
- Peginterferon alfa-2b (PegIntron)
- Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol, Ribasphere)
- Simeprevir (Olysio)
- Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi)
- Sofosbuvir-Velpatasvir (Epclusa)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
- Course Modules
- Screening and Diagnosis of Hepatitis C Infection
- Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- Treatment of Special Populations and Special Situations
- Special Topics
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Copyright © 2017 Hepatitis C Online - AWSHepatitis C Online
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.
Current Version: 2.3.0a