- Module 3 Overview
Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- 0%Lesson 1
Diagnosis and Management of AscitesActivities
- 0%Lesson 2
Recognition and Management of Spontaneous Bacterial PeritonitisActivities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Recognition and Management of SBP
- 2C.Role of Albumin in Treatment of SBP
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Screening for Varices and Prevention of BleedingActivities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.Screening for Varices and Prevention of Bleeding
- 3C.Portal Hypertension and Approach to Gastric Varices
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Diagnosis and Management of Hepatic EncephalopathyActivities
- 4A.Core Concepts
- 4B.Hepatic Encephalopathy
- 4C.Rifaximin Therapy for Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Lesson 4 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 5
Referral for Liver Transplantation
- Module 3 Self-Assessment
Lesson 4 CE Quiz: Diagnosis and Management of Hepatic Encephalopathy
InstructionsChoose the single best answer for the following questions. You must answer all of the questions before you can check the answers.
You must answer all of the questions before submitting them.
1. A 46-year-old woman with chronic hepatitis C infection, long-term alcohol abuse, and cirrhosis presents with confusion, disorientation, and somnolence. She responds to verbal stimuli and makes attempts at answering questions. Using the West Have Criteria for Semi-Quantitative Grading of Mental State, what grade would assign for this patient.
2. Which one of the following best describes measures to take to ensure the accuracy of a venous ammonia level?
3. Which one of the following best describes the Number Connection Test?
4. What is the proposed primary mechanism of action for lactulose as a treatment for patients with hepatic encephalopathy?
5. Which one of the following oral antimicrobial agents is used to treat hepatic encephalopathy?Sign In Required for CE. Please sign in to track your progress for continuing education credits.
Share by e-mailThe Check-on-Learning Questions are short and topic related. They are meant to help you stay on track throughout each lesson and check your undestanding of key concepts.
You must be signed in to customize your interaction with these questions.
- 0%Lesson 2
- HCV Medications
- Daclatasvir Daklinza
- Elbasvir-Grazoprevir Zepatier
- Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir Harvoni
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir Technivie
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir and Dasabuvir Viekira Pak
- Peginterferon alfa-2a Pegasys
- Peginterferon alfa-2b PegIntron
- Ribavirin Copegus, Rebetol, Ribasphere
- Simeprevir Olysio
- Sofosbuvir Sovaldi
- Sofosbuvir-Velpatasvir Epclusa
- Boceprevir Victrelis
- Telaprevir Incivek
- Course Modules
- Screening and Diagnosis of Hepatitis C Infection
- Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- Treatment of Special Populations and Special Situations
- Special Topics
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.