- Module 3 Overview
Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- 0%Lesson 1
Diagnosis and Management of AscitesActivities
- 0%Lesson 2
Recognition and Management of Spontaneous Bacterial PeritonitisActivities
- 2A.Core Concepts
- 2B.Recognition and Management of SBP
- 2C.Role of Albumin in Treatment of SBP
- Lesson 2 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 3
Screening for Varices and Prevention of BleedingActivities
- 3A.Core Concepts
- 3B.Screening for Varices and Prevention of Bleeding
- 3C.Portal Hypertension and Approach to Gastric Varices
- Lesson 3 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 4
Diagnosis and Management of Hepatic EncephalopathyActivities
- 4A.Core Concepts
- 4B.Hepatic Encephalopathy
- 4C.Rifaximin Therapy for Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Lesson 4 Quiz/CME/CNE
- 0%Lesson 5
Referral for Liver Transplantation
- Module 3 Self-Assessment
Activity 3C. Portal Hypertension and Approach to Gastric Varices
- Indentify which patients with cirrrhosis should receive primary prophylaxis against variceal bleeding.
- Use nonselective beta-blockers as prophylaxis against variceal bleeding when prophylaxis is indicated.
CNE/CME Continuing EducationThis lesson qualifies for 1 CME AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and 1 CNE contact hour. View CE Notices.
InstructionsTo complete this lesson you must work through all Lesson 3 Activities (listed below and on the left-hand navigation bar). After finishing the lesson activities, take the Lesson 3 Quiz. You can choose to obtain Continuing Medical Education (CME) or Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit at that point, but you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly. After finishing the Lesson 3 Quiz, proceed to the next Lesson. After finishing all Module 3 lessons, you will be ready to take the Module 3 Self-Assessment.
Share by e-mailThe Check-on-Learning Questions are short and topic related. They are meant to help you stay on track throughout each lesson and check your undestanding of key concepts.
You must be signed in to customize your interaction with these questions.
- 0%Lesson 2
- HCV Medications
- Daclatasvir (Daklinza)
- Elbasvir-Grazoprevir (Zepatier)
- Ledipasvir-Sofosbuvir (Harvoni)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir (Technivie)
- Ombitasvir-Paritaprevir-Ritonavir and Dasabuvir (Viekira Pak)
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (Pegasys)
- Peginterferon alfa-2b (PegIntron)
- Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol, Ribasphere)
- Simeprevir (Olysio)
- Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi)
- Sofosbuvir-Velpatasvir (Epclusa)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
- Course Modules
- Screening and Diagnosis of Hepatitis C Infection
- Evaluation, Staging, and Monitoring of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Management of Cirrhosis-Related Complications
- Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection
- Treatment of Special Populations and Special Situations
- Special Topics
- Slide LecturesCore ConceptsMaster Bibliography
ContributorsSite OverviewContent Bundles
- Clinical Calculators
Copyright © 2017 Hepatitis C Online - AWSHepatitis C Online
Since you've received 80% or better on this quiz, you may claim continuing education credit.
You seem to have a popup blocker enabled. If you want to skip this dialog please Always allow popup windows for the online course.
Current Version: 2.3.0a